Conditions That May Require Air Duct Sanitization
Most of the time, a thorough cleaning of your air duct and dryer vents is all that is needed to maintain good indoor air quality and help prevent duct contamination in your home. In some cases, however, sanitization of the air ducts is recommended. Let’s consider when you may need to sanitize:
- When family members have health challenges such as allergies, tuberculosis, or other airborne particle transmitted diseases.
- The presence of pets in the house.
- Disagreeable odors emanating from the ducts.
- If you have air ducts that have sustained water damage or water leaks.
- If your ducts are contaminated with mold, bacteria, viruses, or fungi.